He has a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Maryland, College Park and an M.S. in Information Technology from the University of Maryland University College. Prior to his studies at Florida, Joseph was a software engineer at Northrop Grumman.
Joseph is interested in new learning environments and technologies that broaden and engage participation in computing fields (computer engineering, software engineering, computer science, information systems, & information technology) especially for youth, women, and minorities.
- Computing Education
- The process of receiving or giving systematic instruction on computing.
- Computational Thinking
- The thought process that solves problems, designs systems, and understands human behavior that draws on concepts fundamental to computer science.
- Learning Technologies
- The applcation of technology for the enhancement of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Social Computing
- The area of computer science that is concerned with the intersection of social behavior and computational systems.
- Transferred to the University of Florida to continue my PhD in Human-Centered Computing
- Awarded & accepted the GEM Fellowship
- Poster paper was accepted to be published in IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI) 2016